sorry, if i answer the wrong one - i did not follow the threat from begin.

here's my answer:

* is it windows xp sp2?
* is the compiler error similar like this one?:
fatal error C1001: INTERNER COMPILER- FEHLER
(Compiler-Datei 'E:\8966\vc98\p2\src\P2\p2symtab.c', Zeile 932)
Bitte klicken Sie im Menü '?' von Visual C++ auf 'Software Service',
oder öffnen Sie die Hilfedatei für den Software Service, um weitere Informationen zu erhalten.
(sorry, a stupid reseller sold me vc++ as german version :-( )

* this error apears in debug version, but not in release version?

-> a fast workaround:
* turn off precompiled headers in project...
* recompile all
* after that the compilation succeeds again.
(seems that wixp sp2 has changed some shared libraries).

i hope i'd helped...

--
mit freundlichen grüssen
ing. kurt weiss,             A-6425 Haiming, Gartenweg 3

www.kwnet.at                   ...one step to the future
edv  internet   programmierung   informationstechnologie
mfh servicepoint west                 http://www.mfh.at/
empfehlungen:===========================================
suche nach wissen:               http://de.wikipedia.org
legale, gute gratissoftware:  http://www.sourceforge.net
                            http://www.heise.de/software
suche im internet:                  http://www.google.at

Kelly S. Smelser schrieb:

I've tried setting dos filetimes = yes and dos filetime resolution = yes, but this brought no change. The problem persists. Any more ideas?

K.

Gémes Géza wrote:

Kelly S. Smelser írta:

I've run into a problem in which Visual Studio 6.0 gives an Internal Compiler Error message when compiling from a samba share. The project compiles fine locally and from shares on Windows machines. To me this suggests that the issue is with Samba. I've tried adding full access to the share where the project is housed, but to no avail. Any ideas? We are running samba 3.0.9-1.3E.2 on a Redhat Enterprise 3 server. The clients are Windows XP machines running Visual Studio 6.0 w/ SP5.
K.

--
Kelly S. Smelser
Labs Manager, Client Services

I've read something like this in the docs some time ago, I would suggest, to read about the dos filetimes smb.conf parameter in the smb.conf manpage.

Cheers

Geza