Brent Smith wrote:

Sorry if this is a dup.  I sent right before I subscribed to the list,
so I'm not sure if it made it.

I have just taken over a redhat system with Samba 3.0.0 configured with security = user, and domain logins enabled. I've included the smb.conf at the end of this message.

I would like to upgrade to 3.0.10 for a numbers of reasons, one
being security and one being that password changes don't work
from workstation machines because of the Windows KB828741
patch.  What I want to know, is if I should expect any
incompatibilities between versions or if my existing config
files will work with the new version?  This is a mission
critical system, so I really don't want to upgrade unless
there are going to be very minimal issues.

Will a simple rpm -Uvh ./samba-3.0.10-1_rh9.i386.rpm put me
in the clear?

Thanks for your help.

Here is some information about the system: