It looks like you have a bit of redundancy in your smb.conf, but other that that, seems OK.

I have a question for you:

Have you either:
a) hard-coded your WINS server IP (samba machine) into your windows clients?
b) setup your DHCP options to set your WINS server to your Samba Server's IP address.

The easy way to check this is to run

ipconfig /all

from your windows clients, and see if the line:

Primary WINS Server . . . . . . . : www.xxx.yyy.zzz

points to your Samba WINS server.

If it does not, therein lies your problem and solution

Enjoy!

Marvin Bonilla wrote:
Unable to resolve my problem after long time of reading and searching I decide
to ask for help to the experts. The problems is that  there is no browse list
even thought everything works fine. I can share files with others machines but
don't see anything on network neighborhood. We use the OpenBSD 3.6 box with
Samba 2.2 only for DNS and Wins.
Please Help!

Here is my smb.conf file.

        workgroup = TVGBCAST
        netbios name = laxbcastdns01
        hosts allow = 10. 127.0.0.1
        guest account = pcguest
        max log size = 550
        security = user
        os level = 65
        local master = yes
        domain master = yes
        preferred master = yes
        browse list = yes
        wins support = yes
        remote announce = yes
        announce as = NT Server

-- Aaron Zirbes Systems Administrator Environmental Health Sciences University of Minnesota