Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

Dmitry Melekhov wrote:

| I try to assing privileges in 3.11 and get error.
| If  I try to do this from root:
|
| net -S dm -U root rpc rights grant  'TEST\mail'
|  SeMachineAccountPrivilege
| Password:
| Failed to grant privileges for TEST\dm (NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED)

In the 3.0.11rpre2 and rc1, only a member of the 'Domain Admins'
group could assign rights.  Volker pointed out that it was probably
confusing not to allow root to manage privileges as well since we
allow root to do everything else.  So that has been fixed for the
final 3.0.11 release.

Certanly, root is member of Domain Admins group :-)

Anyway, do I understood right that root can do this with lates code (from SVN)?

This is an error from the net command itself (not related
to rpc rights).  Have you look at the level 10 debug log from
this second failure?

I'll do this only tomorrow, sorry.