I've samba as PDC with LDAP backend some time ago when user changes password in windows or when password chenged with smbpasswd - LDAP password of this user was changed too. Now LDAP passwords remains the same as it was.
I've searched this list a while and found only one mail, said that it was broken there when upgrading from 3.0.7 to 3.0.9,

We are on SuSe's 3.0.9 and "ldap passwd sync" works.  I don't believe it
is broken.

I can't understand too, because if it was totally broken many people should note it, but there was only one note I found. :(

----
Zubkov Alexander