First off I'm talking about through the windows interface, or using smbcacl. Second let me rephrase my question. Shouldn't non-privileged users be able to modify ACL's for files that they own?

David Brodbeck wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: David Sonenberg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Shouldn't regular users be able to modify ACL's for files they have write access to? I get the same error when I try to run the smcacl program with Domain Admin priveleges.

I think you have to be either root or the file's owner to change
permissions.  It's a UNIX thing.

--
David Sonenberg
Systems / Network Administrator

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No right to confidential or privileged treatment of this message is waived or lost by any error in transmission. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender by e-mail or by telephone at 212.981.6540, delete the message and all copies from your system and destroy any hard copies. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient.