On Tue,  8 Mar 2005 11:43:08 -0600 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi, i'm having roubles with samba as PDC, i want to modify some registry keys
> (relates with windows update) in  XP & 2000 clients. I've tryed logons scripts
> but  it seems that i don have enough permissions to do that, so i tried to do
> ntconfig.pol but when the client logs on domain y just get the file
> (ntconfig.pol) and any changes are made.
>
> So how can i modify windows registry keys?
>
> Thanks

Go the ntconfig.pol way !
I assure you it works.

Use poledit from W2k to create the NTConfig.pol
Use the joined adm file.

After installation of ntconfig.pol in the netlogon share
the changes are applied in HKLM Software\Policies
the first time somebody logon on a client machine.

you can check with regedit.

Reboot the machine and the changes are in effect.

I'm using the same method to configure the XP firewall.

-------------------SUS.ADM-------------------

Go the ntconfig.pol way !
I assure you it works.

Use poledit from W2k to create the NTConfig.pol
Use the joined adm file.

After installation of ntconfig.pol in the netlogon share
the changes are applied in HKLM Software\Policies
the first time somebody logon on a client machine.

you can check with regedit.

Reboot the machine and the changes are in effect.

I'm using the same method to configure the XP firewall.

CLASS MACHINE

CATEGORY "Windows Components"

 CATEGORY "Windows Update"
        KEYNAME "Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU"

        POLICY "Configure Automatic Updates"
                VALUENAME "NoAutoUpdate"
        VALUEOFF NUMERIC 1
                VALUEON NUMERIC 0

                PART "Configure automatic updating:" DROPDOWNLIST REQUIRED
                   VALUENAME "AUOptions"
                   ITEMLIST
                        NAME "2 - Notify for download and notify for install"
VALUE NUMERIC   2
                        NAME "3 - Auto download and notify for install"
        VALUE NUMERIC   3 DEFAULT
                        NAME "4 - Auto download and schedule the install"
        VALUE NUMERIC   4
                   END ITEMLIST
                END PART

                PART "The following settings are only required" TEXT
                END PART

                PART "and applicable if 4 is selected." TEXT
                END PART

                PART "Scheduled install day: " DROPDOWNLIST REQUIRED
                   VALUENAME "ScheduledInstallDay"
                   ITEMLIST
                        NAME "0 - Every day"                    VALUE NUMERIC
0 DEFAULT
                        NAME "1 - Every Sunday"                 VALUE NUMERIC
1
                        NAME "2 - Every Monday"                 VALUE NUMERIC
2
                        NAME "3 - Every Tuesday"                VALUE NUMERIC
3
                        NAME "4 - Every Wednesday"              VALUE NUMERIC
4
                        NAME "5 - Every Thursday"               VALUE NUMERIC
5
                        NAME "6 - Every Friday"                 VALUE NUMERIC
6
                        NAME "7 - Every Saturday"               VALUE NUMERIC
7
                   END ITEMLIST
                END PART

                PART "Scheduled install time:" DROPDOWNLIST REQUIRED
                   VALUENAME "ScheduledInstallTime"
                   ITEMLIST
                        NAME "00:00"    VALUE NUMERIC   0
                        NAME "01:00"    VALUE NUMERIC   1
                        NAME "02:00"    VALUE NUMERIC   2
                        NAME "03:00"    VALUE NUMERIC   3 DEFAULT

                        NAME "04:00"    VALUE NUMERIC   4
                        NAME "05:00"    VALUE NUMERIC   5
                        NAME "06:00"    VALUE NUMERIC   6
                        NAME "07:00"    VALUE NUMERIC   7
                        NAME "08:00"    VALUE NUMERIC   8
                        NAME "09:00"    VALUE NUMERIC   9
                        NAME "10:00"    VALUE NUMERIC   10
                        NAME "11:00"    VALUE NUMERIC   11
                        NAME "12:00"    VALUE NUMERIC   12
                        NAME "13:00"    VALUE NUMERIC   13
                        NAME "14:00"    VALUE NUMERIC   14
                        NAME "15:00"    VALUE NUMERIC   15
                        NAME "16:00"    VALUE NUMERIC   16
                        NAME "17:00"    VALUE NUMERIC   17
                        NAME "18:00"    VALUE NUMERIC   18
                        NAME "19:00"    VALUE NUMERIC   19
                        NAME "20:00"    VALUE NUMERIC   20
                        NAME "21:00"    VALUE NUMERIC   21
                        NAME "22:00"    VALUE NUMERIC   22
                        NAME "23:00"    VALUE NUMERIC   23
                   END ITEMLIST
                END PART

        END POLICY

        POLICY "Use corporate SUS server instead of Windows Update"

                KEYNAME "Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate"

                ACTIONLISTON
                        KEYNAME
"Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU"
                        VALUENAME "UseWUServer"         VALUE NUMERIC 1
                END ACTIONLISTON

                PART "Set the intranet update service for detecting updates:"
EDITTEXT        REQUIRED
                  VALUENAME "WUServer"
                END PART

                PART "Set the intranet statistics server:"      EDITTEXT
REQUIRED
                  VALUENAME "WUStatusServer"
                END PART

                Part "(example: http://IntranetUpd01)" TEXT
                END PART

        END POLICY

        POLICY "Reschedule Automatic Updates scheduled installations"

                KEYNAME "Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU"

                PART "Wait after system startup(minutes): " NUMERIC REQUIRED
                        VALUENAME "RescheduleWaitTime"
                        MIN 1
                        MAX 60
                        DEFAULT 5
                END PART

        END POLICY

        POLICY "No auto-restart for scheduled Automatic Updates installations"

        KEYNAME "Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU"

                VALUENAME "NoAutoRebootWithLoggedOnUsers"
                VALUEON  NUMERIC 1
                VALUEOFF NUMERIC 0

        END POLICY

 END CATEGORY