I have tried removing the sambaProfilePath attribute from the LDAP user's dn so that the "login path" samba config can take over. In such a case (assuming "logon path = \\%L\profiles\%u\%m") %u does not expand to "testuser1" but %m will expand to the machine name (grima). Thus the profile directory gets written to the servers file system as...

/home/samba/profiles/%u/grima/

For some reason I seem to remember a case sensitivity issue here but I can't find the message regarding it. On our server, with 3.0.11 the following does work:

logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U

This has been working prior to us putting any profile path info into LDAP.

-- Paul Gienger Office: 701-281-1884 Applied Engineering Inc. Systems Architect Fax: 701-281-1322 URL: www.ae-solutions.com mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]