Hmm strainge problem occured..
i fired up winbind, and adjusted the pam files and all.
but now i get "plain-text authentication for user DOCENT returned NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED (PAM: 4)" and ofcoz' the login is denied !!

what worries me is that, i'd got an imap & http server running (on an other machine) and the pam/winbind works as a charm there (auth agains this pdc server)
but when used localy that error pop's up, also we don't use plain-text passwords and all..
so i need a differend smb.conf for the winbind, then for the pdc (still same computer) ??
does someone have a clue where it goes wrong ?

Greetings
Collen

Robert Schetterer wrote:
Collen schrieb:

Erghmm.. i have a question...

i got a samba 3.0.11 service running as pdc.
now i need to run winbind aswell on the same server.!
i'm gonna use winbind to auth users with true a pam-module for an ftp service, also on the same server..

just wanna know if that is possible, or does it get screwed up ??

L8r
COllen

Hi,
yes it is possible to use winbind on a smb pdc on the same machine,
the only failure i got with it is that it does not resolve group names by wbinfo so i use
the sid id of the desired group in ntlm-auth of squid and pptpd
Regards