Hello,

First, let me state that I have attempted to search for this topic and have only turned up other requests for the same issue. I couldn't find anything even remotely helpful for a solution. So, if this is a common issue, I apologize.

Anyways, on a WinXP client, opening the security properties on a folder (directory)in a samba share shows all the checkboxes as blank. Opening sec properties on a FILE works fine. Only directories show up blank. I am not sure what happens on a 2k or earlier box (I have none handy to test).

The folders do have unix permissions (770) on them, and no ACL. It just seems like windows doesn't 'see' them somehow. They are honored by windows though.

I saw this problem under 3.0.5, and still see it after upgrading to 3.0.11. Samba is running on Solaris 8 on sparc.

Here is one article I found from awile back that seems to be the same problem, with no responces:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=samba&m=109909254602241&w=2

Any help or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

-Brian