Using Samba 3.0.9-Debian on Linspire 5.0.59. Server running is a Windows 2003 Server.

I am trying to mount a share on the server but getting error message:

        cli_negprot: SMB signing is mandatory and we have disabled it.
        8919: protocol negotiation failed
        SMB connection failed

In smb.conf I have changed setting "server signing = no" to "server signing = required" but this change makes no difference.

How do I get SMB signing turned on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Victor Warner