Peter,

As far as I can deduct now (I am not in a position to test it now as I needed to downgrade quickly in production - I dont have the luxury of a test environment yet :-( ). You could test if the following works/does not work:

- Create a directory within a share, which has normal unix permissions of 755.
- Add acl's which allow additional groups to write to this directory

Now as user which is different than the owner of the directory but is a member of one of the acl-added groups try to create a file in that dir. If the bug occurs than you should not be able to do this.

Regards,

Bolke

Peter Kruse wrote:

Hello,

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

Bolke de Bruin wrote:
| Linux Samba 3.0.12 + acl (ext3)
| ===============================

I am just about to upgrade a samba cluster from samba-3.0.10
to 3.0.12.  In our test-cluster we do not see this behaviour.
Can you provide me (us) with the details of how to reproduce
this error?  Would you advise to only upgrade to 3.0.11?

Thx,

    Peter

| When upgrading from 3.0.11 to 3.0.12 ACL's do not seem get
| used anymore.   We are using the inherit acls options
| for both maps and files. After the upgrade users are unable
| to create new files in directories where they used to have
| privileges for. The error returned is: "The file already
| exists. Do you want to overwrite" when clicking yes an access
| denied error is displayed. Note the file did *not* exist.

Is this the same bug ?

    https://bugzilla.samba.org/bug/2521