Hi,

On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 02:58:24PM +0100, "M. Müller" wrote:
> >Hi,
> >I updated from 3.0.11 to 3.0.12 and tried the new ldapsam:trusted
> >parameter. Alas smbd dies silently a second after startup.
> >With debug level 2 I can't see any reason in the logfile.

you should start smbd interactively with "smbd -d 10 -i". Then you most
probably can see the cause of your problems easily. (I suspect unmapped
groups or incorrect guest account). In general, "ldapsam:trusted = yes"
works very well. Please post the output of smbd -i -d 10 if your problem
persist.

Guenther
--
Guenther Deschner                                               Samba Team
SerNet GmbH - Goettingen                                      [EMAIL