Jeremy Allison wrote:

Ok, I've taken a look at this and what happens is the client
creates the file AUTOEXEC.BAT and then tries to set a couple of
EA's on it using a trans2 setfilepathinfo with an info level of 2
(SET_EA).

Doh ! I've just spotted the problem. Here is the patch (also checked
into SVN) ! We weren't finishing with the call as soon as we'd set
the EA. Thanks....

It is me who must thank you.

However, I started from scratch, downloading the lastest 3_0 wia SVG, configured id, issued "make" and here's what I got:

lib/system.c: In function `sys_getxattr':
lib/system.c:1379: error: `EXTATTR_NAMESPACE_SYSTEM' undeclared (first use in this function)
lib/system.c:1379: error: `EXTATTR_NAMESPACE_USER' undeclared (first use in this function)
lib/system.c: In function `sys_lgetxattr':
lib/system.c:1406: error: `EXTATTR_NAMESPACE_SYSTEM' undeclared (first use in this function)
lib/system.c:1406: error: `EXTATTR_NAMESPACE_USER' undeclared (first use in this function)

And so on.

I understand that all the patches you mentioned in this thread were integrated... isn't it so?

 bye & Thanks
        av.