After installing LDAP and setting up as PDC my unix user root shows up as
Administrator.
When I do an ls on anything that was owned by root now shows ups being owned by
Administrator

How do I get root back?
The system seems to function OK?

Sounds like you for some reason set your Administrator user in LDAP to have a uid of 0. This was recommended at some old version of Samba with LDAP, maybe in the early 3.0.x layers. Now you should have your Administrator to just any other user and assign priviledges with the delegation tools.

So, in a direct answer, to regain your ownership 'look' just change the uid of your LDAP user named Administrator to anything other than 0.

--
Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.