I have a drive almost full because of the messages.tdb problem
with print queue. I will upgrade samba, but , how can I clean
it quick ?

I searched the mailing list archives and I didn't find it.

On my RHAS3 test server I've found it does no harm t stop the smb service, delete *all* the .tdb files and restart the smb service. They get regenerated. YMMV. It can't hurt to do the same with the one messages.tdb file (or can it?)

It should be noted however that you don't want to delete absolutely all the tdb files. There are a few notable exceptions in every domain style installation such as secrets.tdb and more files such as group_mapping.tdb and the passwd file (which I don't know the name of) if you're using tdbsam. I would gather that the printer driver assignments are in a tdb file too but I can't say for sure which of the many printer-related looking files they are in.

--
Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.