I'm modifying what I wrote this morning.  Compiling --with-acl-support DOES fix
the problem on Linux.  Jeremy is right.  Although I had compiled it that way
this morning I was accidentally running one of my earlier compiles.  Sorry.

Unfortunately for me, the fact that I've got it functioning properly on Linux
is worthless to me.  All my servers are Solaris / sparc.  The Linux thing was
just an exercise to see if it could be narrowed to a Solaris specific problem.
At this moment, for me, it is a Solaris specific problem as I have yet to get
it to function properly on Solaris.  I'm hoping the concensus here isn't that I
now need to go talk to Sun Microsystems because somehow I'm guessing that
avenue isn't going to get me very far.

Tom Schaefer