John H Terpstra wrote:
On Thursday 14 April 2005 04:44, Alex Forrow wrote:

Hi folks,

I have two samba hosted domains at two different offices. I would like
them to use the same LDAP backend so that the accounts are exactly the
same. Unfortunately, it seems that a users SID is linked to the domain
that created it, so another domain cannot authenticate the user, even if
it can see it in the LDAP directory, because the user SID doesn't match
the domain.
... My latest thought would be to set the domain SIDs the same on the two
domains, could that help?

Suggest you set both Domain SIDs the same. Did you read the "Samba-3 by Example" book? You can download it from:

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-Guide.pdf

In particular chapter 6 of the current on-line version.

- John T.

Cheers. Had a quick read of that and set the SIDS the same. Works fine.

Alex