[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Last week I activate some script that use smbclient on my test server
(RedHat EL 3).
But when this script run, the kernel make a panic and display a Out of
Memory (OOM).
The first time, the process was killed is nscd, after I upgraded to kernel
2.6.11 and friday to 3.0.14a (before I use 3.0.13).
Now, it's the smbclient process which is killed by kernel.

I don't know if it's a kernel error or a distrib error or a samba error.

There is *no* kernel version 2.6 for RHEL3. So you installed somebody-else's ready-rolled, or you compiled your own with the results you describe.

But the same script run fine on my redhat 8.0 (kernel 2.4.26) with samba
3.0.11

The file contains X copies of same directory.

anyone can help me to find the error.

Revert to the standard (update 4) RHEL3 kernel, available through up2date.

The latest 100% stable Samba version (srpm from samba.org) runing without any problems whatsoever on my RHAS3 servers is 3.0.11.

--Tonni

--

mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.billy.demon.nl

They love us, don't they, They feed us, won't they ...