Alex J wrote:
Hi Graham,

I suspect you wont get far on this list with this
type of question.

Thank you, but I have no intention of going far on this. I need a basic share & printer setup to work, and nothing further.

Just reading the docs would have told you the answer
to this ;

Thank you for the reference. However, not this example, not others from similar sources, change what I observe. WinXP can see Win2K, but none can see the Samba box!

I would appreciate a reference to a troubleshooting guide, or a maillist where a basic samba question can get a professional answer.

Best regards,

Alex

Searching for that dream home? Try http://ninemsn.realestate.com.au for all your property needs.

I also suspect that to get a 'professional answer' you would have to start by at least posting your smb.conf

Remember, this isnt a payed for commercial service. No one owes you
an answer.