Hey All,

I have been put incharge of migrating all of our fileservers to use LDAP authentication in order to sync passwords and accounts with our LDAP server. I have a few questions in order to make this a smooth process.

1) Some users have accounts on 1 or more of our fileservers, as well as an account with our LDAP server, same username but passwords aren't synched. If I have the server join the domain, what consequences or problems will I have with the user accounts. Obviously the gid/uid's wont be the same on the servers. Will the 'Local' users be enforced instead of the domain user accounts when it comes to the files?

Thanks Much!!

Adam