Scott Hamm wrote:
How secure is SWAT in production level?  If it's insecure, can anybody
explain why that it is not?  I'm running Slackware 10, kernel 2.4.26
and samba 3.0.4.

Well, that depends on how insecure do you find a service that requires you to send your root password through the network in the clear...

However, there are ways around this. You can wrap the connections to swat using "stunnel", or you can just restrict swat access to localhost and then use it over an ssh tunnel (this is as easy as "ssh -L2222:localhost:901 [EMAIL PROTECTED]", so I kind of like it).

Carlos Rodrigues