At 08:36 AM 5/16/2005, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> What about ... changing this "long standing policy" ???
>
> (I've already read the reson for the actual policy)

If its not spam, then it will be virus that forge headers
and claim to come from a list members address.  There is no
silver bullet to solve this issue without moderating every
post.

All

Has any consideration been made to converting the list to a forum? in that way everyone can just check the web site instead of checking the inbox? For those folk who rather read the mail most forum software can send out email when posts are made. This would also consolidate the information for new uses for searching, and eliminate the multiple similar answer syndrome that we see on this list when a "obvious" question is asked. Just a thought.

Kevin Barrett

Kevin M. Barrett

KMB IT Consulting, Inc
508-450-7717