Hi,

there's special utility, called "profiles" which comes with samba.
it changes SIDs withing registry files.

that doesn't work with my XP profiles, I still have some occurences left of the old SID. The man page for profiles says that it only works with NT profiles, maybe that's the problem.

if You actually copy profiles with windowish tools, probably they also change SID within profiles. Or You mean that the same instance of profile
is being used by many of users ?

Exactly, *one* mandatory profile for *several* users.

Florian