Michael Gasch a écrit :

This parameter will be added since samba 3.0.15pre2.
inherit owner parameter not exist in 3.0.14a and above.

hi & thx for your reply!

damn!

i totally mistyped my subject line!

what i meant is when working with "admin users =" "force user =" does not work anymore...i feel sorry if i confused you

can you reproduce this?
will inherit owner fix that?

Hi,

The inherit owner is a parameter with specify that if a admin users put a file on a share, the owner of the file is the owner of parent's directory and not the admin users.

Note : for my home share, I am in the same case as you, if I put a file in a home directory, I must make a chown to the new file.

--
Stéphane Purnelle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Site Web : http://www.linuxplusvalue.be