Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

Beast wrote:

Its better to use client/server model, even if tool is running from the same machine.

I was talking about a client/server model based on MS-RPC.

I just commenting on some samba tools which not use c/s model yet.

But first you mention xmlrpc which more of a soap/web services
model.  And then you mention LDAP.  So you seemed to have jumped
from one subject to another.

That might be because my lack of english skill, sorry :-)

In either case, it requires client and server support.  We
already have the MS-RPC server support and have someone working
on a libmsrpc library easier client access.

Thanks, I'll look into it.

The XMLrpc piece would require both client and server piece.
That just my bare example to use 'standard' protocol instead of proprietary protocol.

But technically you would not need integration with smbd to
do this.  However, I've always found that when the external
This can be implemented on separate (optional) server process to handle this request (but no, not like swat)

Thanks.

--

--beast