Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

I'm just wondering if we should remove this enum ports command
altogether.  Ports are a consemtic concept in Samba for the
most port since the printer is really tied to the queue name.
But before I think about this anymore is there anyone actually
using enumports for something other than

        #!/bi/sh

        echo "LPT1:"
        echo "LPT2:"
        echo "LPT3:"

No, never use it.
Also, is there any reason why not drop some paramater in smb.conf which has a synonym? I found arround 15 synonyms.

Next is to reduce the number of parameter, it still scared me :-)

--

--beast