Quoting Tony Earnshaw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

tir, 05.07.2005 kl. 14.35 skrev Michael Trimarchi:

I use the samba widh ldap and smbldap-tools to update the ldap db. If I
execute from the terminal a non huge number of operation using the
smbldap-usermode for change the mail, sometimes the operation still not
respond and lock. After I find the db corrupted and I must do a
db_recover. Why?

If you're using an early version of OpenLDAP 2.1 (say before 2.1.26,
2.1.30 is the latest stable) with BDB 4.1 or 2.2 (say before 2.2.13,
IIRC 2.2.27 is the latest stable) with BDB 4.2.52 your DB will very
quickly become corrupt on crashes, or just spontaneously - especially
BDB 4.1.

You might want to update your OpenLDAP version.

--Tonni

--
mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.billy.demon.nl