Liz Ackerman wrote:

I thought I had things figured out, but guess not.  I have multi-user
Quickbooks databases that functioned fine on a Novell server but are
behaving badly on a Samba share.  I have created a separate share for the
Quickbook databases, users are running Win XP Pro, latest patches, and the
Quickbooks application installed on the desktop.  It is a multiuser version.

Server is RedHat ES 3, Samba 3.0.14.  Here is the config for the Quickbooks
share:

[accting]
comment = Accounting Volume
path = /accting
writeable = yes
valid users = a list of valid users
level2 oplocks = no
veto oplock files = /*.*db/*.ldb/*.mde/*.xls/*.QB*/*.*/
blocking locks = no
locking = no
strict locking = no
share modes = no

The first user opens the database, and as soon as the second person attempts
to access the same database, the database is corrupting and crashing.
Yes, because you need to run your oplocks. You have two solutions. The easiest to implement is the force user line in smb.conf.

The harder but cleaner way is to use acl's.

Does anyone else out there have a similar setup or experience that works and
can help me resolve my issue??

Much thanks!

Liz