If you figure this one out, please let me know. I've been trying to do this for at least a year now with no luck.

-Ian

Cristian Thiago Moecke wrote:

Hmmm... Ok... I will be happy to if I can make a script that mounts \\MY_SAMBA_SERVER\username siwthout asking the user for the password (so, how can I tell the script to use the same password and username of the current user?)... Well, for the users that dont have the home dir in \\MY_SAMBA_SERVER i will just say "sorry" :D

Cristian

I suppose you will have to add some scripting to manage the Linux clients. A script could ask the NT PDC about the user's home, and then mount it directly through nfs.

So the question for this list would be: how can I query a Windows NT PDC (no ldap) about a user's home directory. That script may need to have an administrator password to be able to query the PDC.