chris rothgeb schrieb am 19.07.2005 19:31:
Hi,

I am trying to execute a logon script when a user access the domain.
For some reason the following is not executing. I don't want to enable
roaming profiles so I have set 'logon home' and logon path' to null -
I thought perhaps that this was causing a problem; but it hasn't made
a difference. I also verified that my logon.bat is a DOS formatted
file.

I'm experiencing the same phenomen:

Until before, I had a NT4-based domain (i.e. NT-PDC, WinXP clients), with samba as a member-server and a logon script residing at the NT-PDC. It works right well to connect the users to the shares of the samba server. The NT-PDC does only user-authentication, as the roaming profiles already reside at samba.

Now I copy this logon script to the netlogon share of samba, cut the old
NT-PDC off the Lan and propagate samba to be the PDC
(security=domain->user, domain master=no->yes, local master=no->yes,
preferred master=no->yes, os level=20->255).

The user logs in sucessfully into the domain, but the logon script is not executed. I even don't find any hint in the log.smb (debug level = 3) that an attempt is made to access my login.cmd.
Right from the complete UNC-Path \\dbtgvamelhu002\netlogon\login.cmd the
user can execute the script and it works well.

This malpractice (or better nonpractice) is mentioned in the mail
archives about 1-2 times every last four years, but I never found some
definitve solution (The one mentioned in Jan 2005: guest ok = yes is
included in the netlogon share).

BTW:
I have server-generated print jobs to be spooled by cups (via smb-backend) to printers locally attached at the WinXP-clients. The backend hangs with "Unable to connect to SAMBA host". I hope the answer to my problem above will solve this too...

Any new ideas?

I'm running SuSE 9.0 Prof with samba 3.0.14a

Otto
# smb.conf is the main Samba configuration file. You find a full commented
# version at /usr/share/doc/packages/samba3/examples/smb.conf.SUSE if the
# samba-doc package is installed.
#
# modified by Otto Mueller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 2005-07-25 10:28:44

# Global parameters
[global]
        netbios name = DBTGVAMELHU002
        server string = VarialServer ZA2 [MELH]
        workgroup = ZA02

# Samba always offers NetBIOS time service.
# This causes it to also be advertised:
        time server = Yes

# Run a WINS server
        wins support = Yes

        interfaces = 127.0.0.1, eth0
        bind interfaces only = Yes

        log level = 1
        syslog = 0

#       map to guest = Bad User

        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        unix password sync = Yes
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 100 -s /bin/false
-M %u

        load printers = Yes
        printing = cups
        printcap name = cups
        printcap cache time = 750
        cups options = raw
        printer admin = @ntadmin, root

        unix charset = iso8859-15

# The logon script used for all users, Relative to [netlogon] share directory
        logon script = login.cmd

        logon path = \\%L\profiles\%u
        logon home =
        ldap ssl = no

# Client-PC-abhaengige Protokoll-Einstellung
        include = /etc/samba/smb.conf.%m

# The group identifying administrative users.
        domain admin group = root

# Server role: ROLE_DOMAIN_MEMBER
        security = DOMAIN
        domain master = No
        local master = No
        preferred master = No
        os level = 20

# Server role: ROLE_DOMAIN_PDC
# Perform domain authentication.
        security = user
        domain logons = Yes
# Always act as the local master browser and domain master browser.
# Do not allow any other system to take over these roles!
        domain master = Yes
        local master = Yes
        preferred master = Yes
        os level = 255

#
# Einkopieren der Dienstposten-Freigaben
#
        include = /etc/samba/smb.conf.work

[profiles]
        comment = Roaming Profiles