I have a couple of samba servers set up. Both are for the domain SCHOOL (using LDAP for a kind of PDC/BDC). Is it ok to have the same share name in each of the smb.conf?

Two servers  SERVER1  SERVER2
Both servers have a directory /DATA
Can I have:

[data]
    path = /DATA

In the smb.conf on both servers? I assume this is ok, but want to make sure. I then can map drives to either:

\\SERVER1\DATA
and
\\SERVER2\DATA

I just wanted to make sure there will be no problems with the two servers having the same share name.

Thanks.
--
Scott Mayo
Technology Coordinator

Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it
holds the universe together.