Hello,

I try to enable files locking with samba, but I didn't succeed in.
I've red samba official howtos but I'm not sure I've understood everything.

(Samba 3.0.14a as aPDC, ext3 with acls, debian)

I've tried :

  enable privileges = yes
  nt acl support = yes
  acl compatibility = auto

  security = user

  passdb backend = tdbsam

  lock directory = /var/lib/samba/locks (with chmod 777, to be sure)

  admin users = Administrator root

  socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192

  encrypt passwords = yes

  wins support = yes
#   wins server = yes

  os level = 50
  domain master = yes
  local master = yes
  preferred master = yes

  name resolve order = lmhosts host wins bcast

  preserve case = yes
  short preserve case = yes

  unix password sync = no

  defer sharing violations = yes

  max log size = 1000

[netlogon]
path = /var/lib/samba/netlogon
admin users = Administrator root
guest ok = yes
browseable = no
locking = no

[share]
  writable = yes
  path = /share
  public = no
  create mask = 0640
  directory mask = 0750
  directory security mask = 0755
  security mask = 0774
  valid users = %U
  admin users = Administrator root
  nt acl support = yes
  inherit acls = yes
  level2 oplocks = yes
  locking = yes

I've tried to modify some windows (2k, XP pro) registry keys as said in howtos but nothing goes well. No message like "File will be open in read only because it is used by another user/application" appears.

I'm sure there is a few modifications to do but I don't know which ones.

Thx for help (not "see man or howto").

Max