Have you looked at your Internet Explorer proxy settings? I've found that they can interfere with CUPS printing.

Craig White wrote:

On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 12:02 +1000, Mark Dorset wrote:
Hi,

From the CUPS side, I am able to print test pages to an LDR/LPD printer just fine. I'm also able to add the printer as a 'Windows Printer' on a Mac OS X 10.4 machine, choose the samba server, then one of the listed printers, and then print to that printer without issue.

I've done googling, I've searched through my archive of samba list mails, I've upgraded the samba server (it was running samba_3.0.9 but I upgraded to the current debian package in my efforts to make things work).

Please, any suggestions or advice would be most appreciated! I'll be happy to provide any further data as requested if it will assist :-).

regards,
Mark

testparm output;

=-=-=
$ testparm
Processing section "[HOMES]"
Processing section "[netlogon]"
Processing section "[profile]"
Processing section "[groups]"
Processing section "[printers]"
Processing section "[print$]"
Loaded services file OK.
Server role: ROLE_DOMAIN_PDC

# Global parameters
[global]
        printcap name = cups
        add machine script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w %u
        printer admin = @it
        printing = cups
        print command =
        lpq command = %p
        lprm command =
----
This is what I use, YMMV

       printing = cups
       printcap = cups
       show add printer wizard = yes
       printer admin = @"Domain Administrators"
       use client driver = no

----
[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/spool/samba
        create mask = 0700
        guest ok = Yes
        printable = Yes
        browseable = No

[print$]
        comment = Printer Drivers
        path = /etc/samba/drivers
        write list = administrator, mdorset
----
again, this is what I use, YMMV

[printers]
       comment = Network Printers
       printer admin = @"Print Operators"
       path = /home/filesystems/printing/spool/
       guest ok = yes
       printable = yes
       writable = no
       read only  = Yes

[print$]
       path = /home/filesystems/printing/printers
       guest ok = Yes
       browseable = Yes
       read only = Yes
       printer admin = root Administrator