I am trying to turn on password history using an ldap backend. I can see
the sambaPasswordHistory entry set to all "0"s in Ldap.

I tried to turn on password history with pdbedit -P "password history"
-C 3 and get back that it was set:

[root]# pdbedit -P "password history"
account policy value for password history is 3

However, when I try to reset a user password it doesn't store the
history in sambaPasswordHistory. What am I missing here?

I have tried to reset the password from the windows side and the unix
side via smbpasswd. The password reset works but no history.

Thanks,

Darryl