Douglas Phillipson schrieb:

> I have the Official Samba 3 and Samba-3 by example books, although not the second edition copies. But I can't seem to find out how to push out patches and hotfixes with Samba. Is this not possible at this time?
>
> I don't have a lot of experience with Windows but I am going to have to deal with this issue soon.

For Windows patches and hotfixes I'd use Windowsupdate - then they will be downloaded and installed automatically.

If you wan't to update some other programs (like Adobe, Firefox, Thunderbird etc.), you can use WPKG - http://wpkg.org (you can use it for Windows updates/hotfixes, too).

With that tool you can "push" updates, patches, install, uninstall and upgrade software, set printers, execute scripts (with Administrator or SYSTEM privileges; don't confuse with netlogon scripts, which are executed with user permissions), change permissions etc. to/on single hosts or to a group of hosts.

--
Tomek