All;
Okay, I'm narrowing the problem down.

With all other things configured, I'm down to and ADS problem.
The reason Samba can't verify my username/passwords (as specified in password server = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) is because that address points to an ADS, and I didn't compile ADS into Samba (best answer I can find...If I'm way off base on that one, just let me know).

So, the next effort would be to compile in ADS.
THAT fails with errors relating to Kerberos.
I'm running AIX 5.2, with the IBM Kerberos. I have no authority to change the Kerberos distribution. Has ANYONE come across this, and have a solution? I can post the exact compile error if anyone needs that.

Thanks!

-Ric