Andreas Grabner wrote:

Hi,

I'd say this is a CUPS configuration problem, not a Samba issue. Look
into your CUPS config files in /etc/cups. I'd check cuspd.conf to make
sure you have set up both your account and your workstation to
administer CUPS.
You are right! lppasswd -a ...  solves the problem. Thanks a lot!

Off topic: have you got some docs how to configure cups to authenticate
against ldap?

Thanks a lot

Andreas Grabner

There was another gentleman on this list a week or so back who was writing a Debian Samba-LDAP howto. I'm still waiting for it to get my Samba setup working against LDAP. I'm still back at the tdb level, which wouldn't be a problem in my immediate environment, if was actually working properly! Perhaps someone else can help you, or you can try the CUPS site (www.cups.org). They also have a discussion forum that may be helpful.

Good luck!