On Wed, 12 Oct 2005, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

Andrew Morgan wrote:

> [...]
|> |
|> | Thanks Jerry, this worked.  Should I file a bug on
|> | this so it doesn't get lost?
|>
|> You just just send me a level 10 smbd debug log of the lpstat
|> issue?  I think I can figure it out pretty quickly.....
|
| Do you want the level 10 debug log with the original
| settings, or the settings you recommended above?

The original configuration where you were getting an
excissive amount of calls to lpstat.  Btw....what version of
Samba is this?

This is version 3.0.20 (not a, not b).

I changed the configuration back, HUP'd smbd, but I now it won't call lpstat anymore! I can probably restart smbd this weekend to get it going again.

Do you have any tips for creating that level 10 debug log? During the day I have 300-400 smb connections, so it's a little overkill. I can try to capture it during a slower time.

Thanks,
        Andy