Good Morning,

Does anyone have a "simple" method to force a log off of a user after being idle for n minutes. I am using the deadtime parameter, but from reading the description it just refreshs the connection which is OK, but I would rather that the user is logged off and not refreshed (security reasons). I am not using LDAP.

Is there also possibly a method, without LDAP, that I can shut everyone off from say 22:00 to 23:59 so that backups can be done with no open files? I am considering cron jobs to run at 22:00 to stop the servers (smb/nmb) and then another one to run at 23:59 to start the servers.

Thanks in advance,

Frank