Came in this morning, and all authentication seemed broken, rolled back to using the other ldap server and all seems fine now, except I managed to get another lockup, this time differing in the output of gdb. I have attached two files, 'asmyrnis' (username/session) - when locked up using openldap-2.2.7 librairies, and the second 'asmyrnis.2' - the same user apparently locked up now using openldap-2.2.9 (first occurence since switching from 2.2.7, and only thus far).

Don't know if it was perhaps a flouqe while I was changing ldap servers or not, but odd nonetheless that it crapped out so figured I'd pass on the output to those more intimate with what's going on inside smbd than me. Now this machine is referencing the ldap tree our other servers are running from and all seems fine, but I haven't really had a chance to leave it run under load and see if any users complain/lock-up... will post again if future lockups peprsist, for now this is the only one since rolling over the system ldap librairies to openldap-2.2.9.

--
Nathan Vidican
[EMAIL PROTECTED]