Michael Gasch wrote:

Philip Washington wrote:

Do you me recover as in recover from a backup or going to the /var/lib/ldap directory and running "db_recover".

i mean db_recover
any ideas?

thx

I wish I did, Craig seems to have the magic touch. I have about 150 computers + users and transfered that over to one of my Samba computers in a test environment. I have 4 computers connected to it there, 2 which came from the original NT Domain and 1 which I connected as BDC and I have another which I'm going to connect as a domain member server. So far I haven't gone 2 days without it locking up. I just updated to openldap 2.2.13-4 last night and if that locks up I'll gather all the configuration files and post them and hope somebody sees something I did wrong.

Michael Gasch wrote:

hi,

we had the same issues with openldap backend and bdb as backend. sometimes the backend broke and we had to recover the bdb db.

it seems to be an issue between openldap v2 + bdb 4.2 + DB_CONFIG + filesystem (now /var/lib/ldap is on a seperate partition and ext3) - currently this works for us

greez

Philip Washington wrote:

I have been testing with openldap_2.2.13-2 and have experience on 2 occasions lockups where the ldap server does not respond (slapcat will just hang). I have upgraded to openldap_2.2.13-4.
Is there a recommended version of openldap for SambaPDC?
Does anyone have a system in production using openldap_2.2.13-2 or openldap_2.2.13-4? I'm currently using samba3-20b any recommendations for a production system would be welcome.