Jim Kusznir wrote:
Rex Dieter wrote:
Jim Kusznir wrote:
From what I undrestand, there is no feesable way of implementing winbind
in NSS and maintaining existing UID/GID mappings.

AFAIK, If SFU is installed on your Windows AD domain controller, it will extend the schema to allow you to define UID/GID/homedir for winbind's use. We're hopeing to use this soon, provided if I can ever get our AD admins to install SFU.

SFU30 is installed, and has extended the schema. We've been storing the UID/GID in this schema. My question is will winbind use that?

AFAIK, yes, provided you set in smb.conf:
  idmap backend = ad
  winbind nss info = sfu

-- Rex