I've been told smbpasswd does not support password aging. You need to use tdbsam for that.

See http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2005-March/101447.html

Michael

cm told me on 10/31/2005 09:26:
Hi,

maybe a easy question, but I didn't found any answers in mailinglists or google.....

The pdbedit account settings like "password lifetime" seem not to work if I use smbpasswd backend. Is this statement correct? In my opinion this setting should also work because the last set time is saved in the smbpasswd file.

And one more question:
Might the account settings have any negative impact if I use the smbpasswd backend or will they just be useless?

Thanks in advance ...