Michael Barnes wrote:
How do I establish both a user's primary NTgroup and Unixgroup when creating a new user?

Depending on the tool, I can set his NTgroup or his Unix group, but I don't seem to be able to establish both with one tool.

I'm having a little difficulty with creating users with the proper groups. My login scripts are based on the user's primary group. When I create a new user with usrmgr, I can set the Samba primary group but it has no effect on the Unix primary group. For instance, I have a user John Smith who works in accounting. In usrmgr, I create the user jsmith and set his primary group as acctng. He can login and the group is mapped so he gets the right department drive, however, he has no rights to files in the drive. I check /etc/groups and he is listed as a member of the acctng group. I check pdbedit -Lv jsmith and see his group SID is his personal group, not the SID of the acctng group. I fix that with pdbedit, but he still has no rights to files in the acctng drive. A quick check of /etc/passwd shows he is still in his own primary group instead of acctng. I then have to go in via Webmin and change his Unix group.

Thanks for your ideas,

Michael
Did you set ' set primary group script = ' in smb.conf ?
it could be like:
set primary group script = /usr/sbin/usermod -g %g %u

I think this should be the answer to your pb.

Pierre.