Begin forwarded message:

From: Margaret_Doll <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed Dec 14, 2005  1:09:24 PM US/Eastern
To: samba <samba@lists.samba.org>
Subject: [Samba] RHEL4 and samba

I brought over the /etc/samba directory from a RHEL3 system to a RHEL4 system.

I disable selinux in case there was a problem with a port being blocked

iptables has port 139 and 445 enabled.

I can see the server in the Windows Network Neighborhood but the user cannot connect because they are unauthorized to attach from their computer.

Most of the test in the samba documentation work except.

smbclient -L server -N

shows  no computers, but does show the shares and

SERVER          COMMENTS

myserver                server comments

Workgroup       Master
-------------

myworkgroup
2nd workgroup           master2
3rd workgroup           master3

nmblookup -B myserver  __SAMBA__
querying __SAMBA__ on correct ip address
name_query failed to find name __SAMBA__

nmblooup -M myworkgroup
querying myworkgroup on mysubnet
ip address of a client myworkgroup<1d>

"netstat -a" show netbios-ns

What do I have set up incorrectly?

--
I found that from the computers I cannot attach to the server through
the network neighborhood.  I can, however,  log into the server

How do I fix this problem?  Is this a firewall problem?