Andreas Haumer wrote:

b) From my experience (I have set up dozends of Linux File/Printer/
  Mail/VPN/etc. servers using LDAP account databases for small and
  medium sized companies) a standardized LDAP database structure
  _does_ fit systems from a few to, let's say, several hundert users,
  from the typical single-server-small-office-network to the larger
  network with dozends of servers and many services distributed over
  several locations and several departments. It took me quite some
  time to put together the LDAP database structure, all the tools
  needed and tweak them to work together seamlessly, though.

hey!, please share your LDAP database structure, i found that part the mst time consuming when you are creating a new domain, or a LDAP server able to support multiple apps (samba, mail, locally developed software, vpn, etc..) Any case study or some notes you would like to share, i can help with the QA of the manual, and the typing of the document, altough english is not mi first language :D

--
Raúl D. Pittí Palma