Helo,
I've used the idealx tutorial (http://samba.idealx.org/smbldap-howto.en.html), almost everything is fine, i can access the home directories and view shares, but when i try to join the domain i get the error:
"while attempting to join the domain DOMAIN the user could not be found"
When i look in ldap the machine acount was created and in /var/log/samba there is no error log (it creates e logfile for the machine, but it is kept empty).
  Can someone help us??

Thanks.
Marcelo

Mike wrote:

Hii

I have followed the Samba 3 by Example Chapter 2 small office network to the letter. I can connect to server shares using the root user and pw but when I try to join the domain I still get the message " while attempting to join the domain xxxx the user could not be found"

Thanks for any help you may be able to give

Mike

--
Marcelo Gonçalves Diotto               e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Analista de Suporte Computacional / Administrador de Redes

"Se um dia tiver que escolher entre o mundo e o amor... Lembre-se: Se escolher o mundo, ficará sem o amor, mas se escolher o amor, com ele conquistará o mundo!"
                                                Albert Einstein