Marek Szuba wrote:

At the moment everything works fine, but I'd like Samba to use a
dedicated LDAP access DN instead of the global directory admin one.
Could you give me any recommendations as to how access rules should be
set for this DN so that it  both can work without problems and have no
unnecessary privileges?

I use following settings:
--- cut ---
access to dn.subtree="dc=GYRUS,dc=office,dc=local" attrs=sambaLMPassword,sambaNTPassword
        by dn="uid=ssamba,ou=Shadow,dc=office,dc=local" write
        by dn="uid=radiusd,ou=Shadow,dc=office,dc=local" read
        by * none
access to attr=userPassword
        by dn="uid=ssamba,ou=Shadow,dc=office,dc=local" write
        by self write
        by anonymous auth
        by * none
access to dn.subtree="dc=GYRUS,dc=office,dc=local"
        by dn="uid=ssamba,ou=Shadow,dc=office,dc=local" write
        by * read
access to *
        by * read

Samba domain stored under dc=GYRUS,dc=office,dc=local node,
samba uses posixAccount record uid=ssamba,ou=Shadow,dc=office,dc=local
to access LDAP-server. May be it is not the best way, but it works for me.

--
mccloud@