Henrik Zagerholm wrote:
Hi,
I just wonder why my yum repos only shows samba 3.0.14a which is quite old.
Do I have to set up a special repo for the samba packages?
Which distro are you using?
For example in CentOS4, samba versions does not update to the latest samba release, instead, they just patch the samba version that is shipped with the distro to mantain
compatibility.

Your only solucion is to download the latest version from samba.org or as you said,
configure a new repo where the latest version of samba is available

HTH
Oliver

--
Oliver Schulze L.